6A Volleyball Playoff Qualifications
32-team OSAA bracket
1) Automatic Qualifiers – Twenty-four teams automatically qualify for the OSAA’s 32-team bracket based on regular season and/or district tournament play. Each league determines how they will select their allotted playoff spots.
a) PIL – 4; Metro – 4; Mt. Hood – 4; Three Rivers – 4; Greater Valley – 4; Southwest – 4
PIL - Lincoln, Wilson, Grant, Cleveland
Metro - Southridge, Jesuit, Glencoe, Sunset
Mt. Hood - Central Catholic, Clackamas, Oregon City, Barlow
Three Rivers - West Linn, Canby, Lake Oswego, Lakeridge
Greater Valley - Sprague, South Salem, West Albany, McNary
Southwest - Sheldon, North Medford, Roseburg, Willamette
2) Rankings Freeze Date – The rankings will freeze at 10pm on Thursday, October 19.
3) At-Large Qualifiers – Four additional teams qualify for the OSAA’s 32-team bracket based on the OSAA rankings.
a) Once the rankings are frozen, the four highest ranked teams not already an automatic league qualifier will qualify as At-Large teams.
At-Large #1 - Liberty
At-Large #2 - McMinnville
At-Large #3 - Westview
At-Large #4 - Aloha
4) Play-In Model – Eight teams will qualify as Play-In teams based on the frozen OSAA rankings.
a) Once the twentyfour automatic league qualifiers and the four At-Large teams are determined, the next eight highest ranked teams will compete in four Play-In contests on Saturday, October 21 or before Monday, October 23.
b) The eight teams will be ranked 1-8 with the highest ranked team hosting the lowest ranked team. Same league matchups will be avoided, if possible. When a matchup of two league opponents exist, there will be ONE attempt to move the lower ranked team to avoid the match up. If this doesn't solve the problem then the matchup of the two opponents from the same league will take place. Winners advance to the OSAA 32-team bracket.
#8 @ #1 - Tigard @ West Salem
#7 @ #2 - Gresham @ Tualatin
#6 @ #3 - David Douglas @ Grants Pass
#5 @ #4 - Beaverton @ South Eugene
5) Rankings – Once the 32 qualifying teams are determined, they will be placed on the OSAA bracket according to OSAA Board Policy “State Championships – Rankings.”